It was a momentous win for 12 properties from the Maldives at the 2018 Haute Grandeur Global Hotel Awards. The gala event was held at the Palazzo Versace, Dubai. This A-listed event attracted the leaders in the industry and as always, was a highlight on the hotel industry calendar. The occasion boasted a glamorous Gala Dinner with a reception, performers, celebrity guests and media in attendance.
The awards were split into three levels—Global, Continent and Country—and the Maldives secured awards from all of them. The complete list of winners from the Maldives include:
- Cheval Blanc Randheli (Continent, Global) for Resort Hotel and Beach Hotel
- Cocoon Maldives (Country) for Beach Resort
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (Continent, Country) for Beach Resort, Honeymoon Hideaway Resort, Best Villa and Most Unique Guest Experience
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru (Continent) for Leisure Hotel
- Fushifaru Maldives (Country) for Spa Retreat and Best Pool Villa
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa (Country) for Island Resort and Pool Villa Resort
- Hulhulé Island Hotel (Country) for Best Culinary Experience, Best General Manager, Airport Hotel and Island Hotel
- Jumeirah Vittaveli (Global) for Best Beach Villa
- Lily Beach Resort & Spa (Country) for Destination Wedding Hotel, All-Inclusive Resort, Best Resort Spa and Family Resort
- Season Paradise Hotel in Thulusdhoo Island (Country) for MICE Hotel, Lifestyle Hotel, Rooftop View Hotel and Beach Hotel
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort (Global, Country) for Best Family Villa, New Resort – Less than three years and Hideaway Resort
- Velaa Private Island Maldives (Global) for Honeymoon Hideaway Resort
The Haute Grandeur Global Awards is an annual prestigious and globally trusted Awards initiative that reward outstanding hotel, spa & restaurant experiences. This esteemed Awards system is exclusive to the Haute Grandeur brand, and considered without equal because of its method where unbiased results are guaranteed by placing emphasis on quality feedback from guests, rather than quantity of votes by a panel of judges or general public. For more information about the full list of winners, visit hautegrandeur.com/hotels/winners.